This position is key in the organization, as it is one of the first points of client and referral source contacts. This position is responsible to answer phones and conduct intake functions for clients requesting services. The primary objective is to facilitate a warm and professional environment, to help individuals feel welcomed when calling the clinic. This position functions as a receptionist performing various clerical duties, client account collections and overseeing the waiting room.
This position conveys accessibility of services and schedules new client services based upon client’s presenting problem, insurance reimbursement and the clinical expertise and competence of the assigned clinical staff. Assist with coverage of intake duties of other clinic locations as needed.
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Must have a high school diploma or GED.
· Post-secondary education or experience in human service field and/or in administrative support service is preferred.
· Experience in mental health billing/coding, is preferred.
· Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Must be able to deal with difficult situations in a client-oriented manner and present professionally at all times.
· Must be able to complete paperwork requirements in a timely manner.
· Must have good time management skills.
· Must have good organizational skills.
· Must be able to multi-task and re-prioritize at times.
· Must be proficient in word processing and data entry.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Intake responsibilities include:
· Compiling and generating intake information in the electronic record for new clients of the clinic.
· Scheduling new clients by matching presenting problem to appropriate clinical staff and/or program based upon insurance coverage and clinician’s expertise.
· Verification of client’s insurance benefits.
· Processing of all initial paperwork in order to ensure chart is complete for the billing department.
· Compiling and organization of monthly Intake Appointment statistics.
· Collection of co-pays and client account balances.
· Work with Intake Coordinator to ensure uniformity of procedures within the agency
Receptionist Responsibilities Include:
· Checking in clients upon arrival, assisting them in scheduling appointments, and monitoring the waiting room
· Assist clients in the completion of releases of information and other consent and registration forms needed.
· Date stamp and distribute daily mail
· Provide general support and office assistance to staff
· Keep waiting room tidy and monitor for potential safety hazards
· Opening and closing office as assigned
· Ensure privacy of protected health information within the front office
Administrative Responsibilities include:
· Complete documentation in keeping with policy.
· Attend training and supervision meetings as scheduled.
· Complete time and expense sheets monthly.
· Contribute to the development of agency policies and procedures as assigned.
· Manage medical records processes according to Policies and Procedures.
Expected professional and team behavior includes:
· Dress in professional attire for the job.
· Work in a positive and cooperative manner with others.
· Resolve problems constructively.
· Take initiative. Be willing to pitch in. Be energetic.
· Communicate directly with colleagues.
· Be dependable with work schedule.
· Display a positive attitude about the job and the agency.
· Show pride in work.
· Be patient with clients, co-workers, and other team members.
· Be willing to give and accept constructive feedback.
· Accept responsibility for own behavior and decisions.
Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Under normal circumstances the employee will need to have the physical capacity to continuously use his/her hands for simple and firm grasping and fine manipulation. Occasionally the employee will be required to do the following:
· Lift and carry 25-100 lbs.
· Twist upper body