Due to growth, we are currently seeking a Mental Health School Liaison to work with school staff, students and families to create understanding and continuity of services. This position will provide skills development and Incredible Years groups. School Liaisons coordinate mental health services and work with families to ensure continuity of services. School Liaisons are responsible for implementing treatment plans, and will provide skills coaching and support school staff. Some evening work required. High energy and an enthusiastic attitude is required.
The Mental Health School Liaison responsibilities include:
Clinical Responsibilities are conducted under the supervision of the Clinical Supervisor:
1. Coordinate mental health services for students. Identifying needs and ensuring families can access services, and utilize grants for uninsured or under-insured children.
2. Provide coaching, consultation and training for school staff as directed.
3. Liaison provides skills training as appropriate for individual treatment plans.
4. School Liaison facilitates Dina School groups. Liaison are trained in Incredible Years to ensure consistent programming.
5. Provide in-home skills training to school based students.
6. Administrative responsibilities include:
a. Complete notes for services rendered in keeping with policy.
b. Attend treatment team meetings as necessary
c. Contribute to the development of agency policies and procedures as requested
d. Complete time management reports weekly
e. Complete staff time sheet/expense logs monthly
f. Participate in supervision activities
7. Expected professional and team behavior includes:
· Dress appropriately for the job
· Work in a positive and cooperative manner with others
· Resolve problems constructively
· Taking initiative, pitching in, and being a team player
· Communicating openly and directly with others
· Flexibility when situations change, and re-prioritizing tasks if needed
· Show a positive attitude with respect to the job and the agency
· Show patience with clients, co-workers, and other team members
· Accept responsibility for your own behavior, decisions, and actions
8. Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Requirements for Mental Health School Liaison:
Must possess a Bachelor’s in a behavioral science field and a minimum of two years’ experience, or a Master's degree in behavioral science field. Training and experience in Incredible Years is strongly preferred.
Click on the location to apply: Moorhead